Quality Indulgence and Premiumization Strategies in Alcohol Soft Drinks and Hot Drinks - defending against margin erosion”provides a comprehensive overview and strategic analysis of how brands can effectively defend their profits despite the emergence of value competitors. The report focuses on the strategy of premiumization to encourage consumers to trade-up in terms of both price and quality. The growing popularity of private label alternatives is also addressed - and what brands can learn from them and ultimately defend themselves against discounters by offering consumers the highest quality and drive sales.
- The global financial crisis has affected consumer spending and despite economic improvement across much of Europe and the US consumers have not reverted to previous spending habits. Manufacturers must consider the austerity needs of these consumers by providing value in terms of both low cost and trading up for better quality.
- Taste and indulgence will continue to drive consumption across Drinks categories and manufacturers should ensure that their products offer the best overall experience. Consumers are unwilling to sacrifice taste for other concerns such as health re-enforcing the need to offer products that offer uncompromised moments of pleasure and indulgence particularly in non-BRIC countries.
- In BRIC countries in particular consumers increasingly seek products that offer assurances of quality and manufacturers should respond by ensuring transparency in terms of sourcing production and ingredients to drive sales as the desire for authentic and trustworthy products increases.
- Many consumers no longer view private labels as cheap lower-quality imitations of branded products instead perceiving them to be of an equal and sometimes higher quality. Brand manufacturers can defend against the growing popularity of private labels by accelerating innovation or cornering a niche market that holds no attraction for private labels. In addition the growing premiumization of private label offers means that these products could improve the profitability of some manufacturers.
Weak consumer confidence rising production costs and the rise of discounters and private labels are threatening the profit margins of drinks manufacturers worldwide. However there are occasions when consumers will trade up to a more expensive than average product that offers a lot for the additional amount paid. This means that manufacturers need the correct premiumization and indulgence strategies now in order to not just protect profit margins but to also position themselves to make the most of future growth opportunities. “Quality Indulgence and Premiumization Strategies in Food - Defending Against Market Erosion”provides manufacturers with the insight and knowledge to protect and drive their sales.
In particular this report includes:
- Identification of trading-up opportunities for manufacturers where consumers whose stated desire for indulgence and quality is not being met.
- How manufacturers of branded products can appeal to price-conscious consumers by providing everyday low-prices as opposed to offers and deals.
- The necessity of ensuring that products focus on taste and ultimately experience as consumers still seek the most indulgent products despite their best intentions to eat more healthily.
- How private labels are becoming a genuine threat to even the biggest brands and how these brands can defend against market erosion from lower-priced competitors through premiumization.
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides the knowledge and insight to aid branded manufacturers to defend against margin erosion from the competition and consumers value-seeking behavior.
- This report identifies the future directions for manufacturers to target changing consumption habits as ethicality quality and craftsmanship become increasingly influential.
- The growing popularity of private labels can be detrimental to brands; this report will identify the key areas in which to defend against incursion from private label products and regain lost market share.
Table Of Contents
Introduction and Overview
Consumers are trading down; brands therefore need effective premiumization strategies in order to maintain profitability
Identifying Key Opportunities
Knowing which indulgence and quality seeking consumer groups to target will make premiumization strategies more effective
How brands can protect margins by encouraging consumers to trade-up
Premiumization in Private Label
Improving quality means private labels should also adopt premiumization strategies to boost their margins
List Of Tables
List Of Figures