The air care category has traditionally been highly functional in terms of concealing unpleasant odors. Nevertheless, it is now evolving to include fragrance innovation that taps into the connection between scents and emotions. Home fragrance brands are therefore increasingly taking inspiration from the beauty perfume space in new innovation.
- Expands understanding of the overlap between beauty and home fragrances.
- Offers insight into key consumer scent preferences and the emotions to which people connect scents.
- Provides insight based on results from Canadean Consumer's latest surveys, including the 2015 Q2 global survey.
Reasons To Buy
- Which scents do consumers associate with specific emotions?
- What are the key innovation implications for scent formulations in this category?
- What will the next steps be for air care going forward?
Beauty and home fragrances are increasingly overlapping as consumers seek out more complex, sophisticated scents with which to express their individuality in the home environment. This is leading to air care brands utilizing fine fragrance cues within innovation, such as scent profiles and ingredients.
As a wider range of scents become available in both variety and complexity, opportunities exist for air care brands to expand their offering and allow consumers to customize and co-create their own home fragrances. By doing so, this offers an important differential while also enhancing the brand-consumer dialogue.
Table Of Contents
List Of Tables
List Of Figures