The overall market for tobacco products in Switzerland remains in broad decline, but the market for smoking tobacco is growing again; returning to growth after a change to the tax regime on fine-cut tobacco in 2010 caused a downturn in demand. The forecast is for continued strong growth, albeit perhaps at a slower rate than seen during the past three years as the market matures.
- The general trend of positive growth in the Smoking Tobacco market was interrupted by negative growth in 2010 and 2011. However, positive growth over the past few years have seen the market double in size compared with 2004.This growth is driven by FCT, with consumption of pipe tobacco decreasing since 2004.
- The market for fine cut tobacco (FCT) had been growing rapidly up until 2010, particularly since 2003. The fine-cut sector had once been dominated by traditional RYO tobacco products but, in recent years, demand for MYO cigarette tobacco, typically marketed in larger packages, has grown strongly.
- On the basis of the latest estimates of cigarette smoking prevalence, there are more than 1.6 million adult smokers aged 18 years and over in Switzerland in 2014, compared with just over 2.1 million in 1990.
“Smoking Tobacco in the Switzerland”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Swiss market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Swiss marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Contents
- Executive summary
- Tobacco products market, tonnes, %, 2004 and 2014
- Tobacco products market, tonnes, 2004-2014
Market size and structure
- Smoking tobacco consumption, tonnes, 2004-2015
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2004-2015
- Smoking Tobacco : Market Segmentation, 2010-2015
- Total and per capita consumption of FCT, 2004-2015
- Cigarette consumption, manufactured v FCT, 2004-2015
- FCT: Segmentation by Category, % Volume , 2013-2014
- FCT Tobacco: Sales by Pack Type, % Volume ,2009-2014
Production and trade
- Production of Smoking Tobacco, tonnes, 2004-2007
- Imports, tonnes, 2004-2014
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2014
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Origin (Volume), 2000-2014
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2014
Production and trade (cont)
- Exports of smoking tobacco, tonnes, 2006-2014
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Countries, %, 2014
- Exports by Country of Destination, Volume, 2008-2014
- Exports by Country of Destination, Value, 2008-2014
Taxation and retail price
- Smoking Tobacco: Specific Tax Rates, 2005 and 2009
- Impact of New Tax Rates, 2009, 2010 and 2014
- FCT, Retail Prices, 2014
Manufacturers and brands
- FCT: Brands by Distributor, 2014
- FCT: Shares by Distributor, 2005-2014
- FCT: Manufacturer Shares, 2003-2014
- FCT: Brand Family Shares, 2003-2014
- FCT: Brand Shares, 2005-2014
- FCT: Leading Brands by Sector, RYO and MYO, 2013 and 2014
- Company profiles
The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence, Total and by Gender, %, 2004-2014
- Smoking by Age and Gender, All Adult, %, 2001-2012
- Smoking by Age and Gender, Males, %, 2001-2012
- Smoking by Age and Gender, Female, %, 2001-2012
The smoking population (cont)
- Smoking by Region and Gender, 2001-2012
- Cigarette and FCT Usage by Gender, Region and Age, 2011 and 2012
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Health Warnings and Labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail structure
Prospects and forecasts
- Fine cut tobacco consumption, tonnes, 2014-2024
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2014-2024
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
List Of Figures