Chinese consumers fueled a travel and tourism boom, which has grown over the historic period, despite the country's economic slowdown. Over 120 million Chinese tourists made outbound trips in 2015, an increase of 12% on the previous year.
- Chinese tourists spent over US$192.2 billion outside mainland China in 2015, a 8.5% rise from the US$177 billion spent in 2014.
Canadean's report - “Source Market Insights: China” provides detailed information on the Chinese outbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering China's outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in China's outbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to China's outbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table Of Contents
- Outbound Trips by Purpose
- Outbound Spending
- Mode of Transport
- Main Destination Markets
- Destination Focus: Japan
- Destination Focus: United States
- Visa Policies
- Market Data
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1 Key Statistics, 2015
Table 2: What device do you generally use to book your vacations abroad ?
Table 3: Outbound trips (in millions)
Table 4: International departures by region (in 000's), 2010-2019
Table 5: International departures by purpose of visit (in 000's), 2010-2019
Table 6: International departures by country (in 000's), 2010-2019
Table 7: Overnight stays (in 000's), 2010-2019
Table 8: International departures by mode of transport (in 000's), 2010-2019
Table 9: Average length per outbound trip ( number of nights spent), 2010-2019
Table 10: Total outbound tourism expenditure by category (in CNY millions), 2010-2019
Table 11: Total outbound tourism expenditure by category (in US$ millions), 2010-2019
Table 12: Average outbound expenditure per resident by category (in CNY), 2010-2019
Table 13: Average outbound expenditure per resident by category (in US$), 2010-2019
Lisst Of Figures
Figure 1: Outbound trips, by purpose of visit
Figure 2: Demographic Breakdown, in %
Figure 3: Booking methods
Figure 4: Outbound Expenditure (in USD)
Figure 5: Outbound and Domestic Expenditure (in USD)
Figure 6: Seat sold by Airline Type, 2015
Figure 7: Outbound trips by mode of transport
Figure 8: Outbound trips to Japan
Figure 9: Total outbound expenditure in Japan by sector (in%)
Figure 10: Outbound trips to the US
Figure 11: US outbound trips by purpose (in %)