With many products having a high calorie and sugar content, the soft drinks category had a gap in the market for a naturally sweetened and low-calorie alternative to more traditional offerings. In some cases, an innovative start-up needs the support of a more established company to take advantage of such an opportunity.
- The company was able to differentiate itself from its competitors and provide an offering that spoke to the emerging health conscious consumers.
- Forging an alliance with a big corporation has enabled the smaller company to reach new consumers and attain mainstream recognizability.
Success Case Study: Honest Tea is part of Canadean's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Honest Tea, how a small tea company benefited from the involvement of a major soft drinks corporation. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Contents
Summary: Honest Tea
A natural, ready-to-drink tea
Reaching the mainstream with a powerful ally
Exploiting a gap in the sweetened beverage market
Transparency is key to Honest Tea's success
Shoppers see organic as advantageous
Ties with Coca-Cola have extended Honest Tea's reach
Take-out: bigger companies can open more doors
Take-out: staying true to the mission
List Of Tables
List Of Figures