The sun care market in the US is forecast to have a CAGR of 1.71% for the period 2016-20, slightly above other segments such as skincare, with a CAGR of 1.50% for the same period. New solutions marketed based on quality and featuring scientifically advanced ingredients may help to invigorate market figures and renew the category.
- Shiseidos Wet Force range is an innovative range that improves its UV protection in contact with water. This creates a unique line that combines a positioning based on high-quality results with a clear convenient approach that avoids consumers having to constantly reapply the lotion.
- The product comes in a very distinctive high-quality packaging design, created with the goal of addressing a premium market and female consumers, who are responsible for most grocery purchases in the US.
- Due to its benefits, the Wet Force range is marketed linked to various contexts such as outdoor sports, a very interesting strategy that may help to overcome the seasonality of sun care products.
- An advanced formulation helps companies to counteract the threat of private label brands, which over the last few years have built a higher-quality image, and also allows manufacturers to address a more premium market. This offers several opportunities if companies raise awareness about sun damage.
"Success Case Study: Shiseido Wet Force Sun Care Range" is part of Canadeans Successes and Failures research and explores the reasons for the success of this product in the US.
- WHAT? Understand the characteristics of Shiseidos Wet Force sun care range.
- WHY? Discover how the Wet Force range has successfully provided a highly effective yet convenient solution to US consumers.
- TAKE-OUT: Learn from this success, seeking further opportunities in the sun care segment.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Contents
About this research
A new UV protection range made to work with water
A complete range with exclusive technology
Shiseido Wet Force became a swift success
A technology that uses components present in water
Scientifically advanced ingredients resonate
Convenience as a result of advanced technologies
A customized solution: active lifestyles
A customized solution: sensitive skin
Packaging designed to succeed
Create new occasions to use sun lotions
Use scientific approaches to neutralize private label
Target opportunities in the premium segment
List Of Tables
List Of Figures