Brand guardians can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This study explores how Lucozade Energy built success through aligning its product with a wider range of consumers and their needs based on flavor options, sales via the impulse channel, and marketing efforts.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Lucozade Energy considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins the ongoing success of Lucozade Energy?
- Which consumer trends has Lucozade Energy capitalized on?
- What can I learn from Lucozade Energy's successful approach to establishing a profitable niche within a very congested energy drink sector?
Lucozade has been dominant in the energy and sports categories for decades. It has not stood still, however, and recent years have seen significant innovation in the range of products under the brand. The core Lucozade Energy brand has seen extension to include a wider variety of standard flavors, as well as periodic special editions.
Innovation is encouraged by consumers' willingness to experiment and embrace new ideas, most particularly in the form of new flavors or functional specificity. For brands such as Lucozade, this has led to efforts to meet needs more specifically, and give greater choice to tailor to particular consumers' flavor preferences.