Brand guardians can benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study explores how the new Skittles products neatly inject an element of chance and surprise into the candy-eating experience to grow sales.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why are Skittles Riddles and Skittles Confused considered compelling products?
- What consumer insight underpins the brand's success?
- Which consumer trends has Skittles capitalized on?
- What can I learn from the Skittles brand extensions?
Skittles is testament to the powerful combination of sensory innovation and engagingly irreverent marketing, with the former usually adding impact to the latter.