Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery and Desserts: Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
"Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery and Desserts" explores the latest consumer and innovation trends in savory snacks, confectionery, dessert, ice-cream, sweet cookies, breakfast cereals, and cereal bars.
Snacking has become ingrained into consumers' dietary routines, blurring the boundaries between main meals and opening unlimited opportunities for manufacturers to capitalize on. This report outlines the key consumer and innovation trends currently impacting the core categories in the food sector: savory snacks, confectionery, desserts (including ice cream) and sweet snacks. Trends explored in this research include energy-boosting ingredients, sharing, blurring meal times, "made from" claims and permissible indulgence.
- Globally, 65% of consumers are always or often influenced by how familiar or trustworthy a product seems when choosing food.
- 73% of global consumers claim that they typically snack at home.
- Flavor is the key driver for 87% of global consumers when choosing products to snack on.
Reasons to buy
- Identify the top trends driving the snack sector
- Gain insight into the key consumer segments that are most likely to be a driver for innovation
- Put innovative products into context by connecting them to specific consumer trends and needs.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation.
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Innovation Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts
Trend 1: Back to the roots
Trend 2: Energy boost
Trend 3: Better to share
Trend 4: Blurring the meals time
Trend 5: "Made from"
Trend 6: Getting the thin shape
List Of Tables
Lisst Of Figures