This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Swedish Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Bakery & Cereals categories and their packaging.
Per-capita Bakery & Cereals consumption in Sweden is one of the highest among the Nordic countries. The Bread & Rolls category is the largest market category, while Cakes & Pastries is forecast to be the fastest-growing category during 2013-2018. The Quality Seeking attitude of Swedish consumers is driving the demand for premium and better quality bakery products in the country, though private label in the Bakery & Cereals sector is expected to grow, especially in Morning Goods and Baking Ingredients, driven by large retailers.
• The Bakery & Cereals market in Sweden is driven by the Bread & Rolls and Cakes & Pastries categories.
• The high income level of Swedish consumers is driving the demand for premium Bakery & Cereals products..
• Hypermarkets & Supermarkets are the most preferred destination for the purchase of Bakery products in Sweden, followed by Food & Drink Specialists.
• The overall Bakery & Cereals market in Sweden is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of small and artisanal players in most of the categories, except Cookies.
• Bags/Sachets made of Flexible Packaging are the most commonly used packaging material for Bakery & Cereals in Sweden.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Swedish Bakery & Cereals sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
•Macro economic analysis
•Overview —consumption habits
•Overall value —volume analysis
•Value —volume analysis by categories
•Market share analysis
•Private label vs. national brand penetration
•Key distribution formats by categories
•Key packaging material and type
•Top packaging closures and outers
Leading players with market share
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures