This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector in Russia.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of four Male Toiletries categories: Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Russian Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Male Toiletries sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Russian Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Male Toiletries used in Russia will steadily increase during 2012-2017. Volume growth will be primarily driven by the Men's Disposable Razors & Blades category. However, the market has experienced volatile growth in US$ terms, due to fluctuating exchange rates, which has added complexity to the market for international companies operating in the Russian Male Toiletries market.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The rise in demand is a result of the changing lifestyles of Russian Men, who have started to invest greater time and money into grooming themselves. Increased grooming awareness is also expected to grow the market of Post-Shave cosmetic products.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Russian Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across four Male Toiletries categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
Most of the large retailers in Russia remain concentrated in Tier 1 cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg. Russia is currently witnessing a trend for multi-format retailing by major retailers such as Auchan, a Hypermarket chain venturing into small format stores, or Magnit, also a Hypermarket retailer operating Drugstores. These retailers are branching out of the main Russian metropolitan areas and currently expanding in tier 2 and tier 3 cities with their multi-channel retailing strategy.
Men’s Disposable Razors & Blades in Russia is a mature market, while product innovation is driving demand for Aftershaves & Colognes. The Aftershaves & Colognes category is expected to witness the highest category growth in the overall Male Toiletries market between 2012 and 2017.
Health & Beauty Stores and Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate retail sales in the Health & Beauty sector. Competition is set to increase as the retail chains expand steadily outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg to other major cities in Russia.
The majority of Russian consumers prefer to use branded Male Toiletries and look for their usual brand when making purchases. Furthermore, big budget advertising campaigns by major brands also make it difficult for Private Labels to gain market share
The increasing use of Pre and Post-Shave Cosmetics will drive demand for Bottle and Tube pack types. Moreover, packaging will see stylish designs in closures and colors. Meanwhile, demand for Box outers will also increase as a result of the rising usage of Aftershaves & Colognes.
- Rising income among a growing middle class is fuelling growth in consumer markets
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Health & Beauty Stores dominate retail sales in Russia
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets are the most prominent distribution channel for sale of Male Toiletries in Russia
- The Male Toiletries market is led by Older male consumers and those with Moderate Income
- Older consumers have the highest consumption frequency in Russian Male Toiletries market
- Consumers have the greatest desire for toiletry products that target their specific gender needs, as well as offering convenience
- Good quality products addressing individual shaving needs remain in high demand in the Male Toiletries market
- Russia Male Toiletries market will register a steady increase in volume and value sales during 2012-2017
- Aftershaves and Pre-shave Cosmetics to grow faster in the Male Toiletries market during 2007-2017
- Aftershaves & Colognes to record the fastest value growth during 2012-2017
- Disposable Razors & Blades continue to be high-value category in the Russian Male Toiletries market
- Post-shave and Pre-shave Cosmetics to witness increased sales and high growth over 2012–2017
Brands & Private Labels
- Gillette leads the brand share in the Aftershaves & Colognes and Disposable Razor & Blades categories
- Nivea and Gillette are leading brands in the Post-Shave and Pre-Shave Cosmetics categories.
- Private Label penetration is low, with consumers most receptive in Aftershaves & Colognes
- Increasing Private Label sales contributed to high value growth of Aftershaves & Colognes
- The high volume share of Disposable Razors & Blades is creating demand for Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets
- The higher growth of Pre and Post-Shave cosmetics will drive demand for Bottle and Tube pack types
- Demand for multi-functional products and multiple retail channel will drive the Male Toiletries sector in Russia
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures