This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector in the UK.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of four Male Toiletries categories: Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the UK Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Male Toiletries sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of consumer and market dynamics of the UK Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
UK Male Toiletries market in volume terms will post higher growth during 2012-2017, compared to 2007-2012, driven by higher economic growth. Increased consumer expenditure on personal appearance and increased focus on male grooming needs in categories such as Aftershaves & Colognes, and high-end battery operated razors, will create growth opportunities.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Although older consumers are the largest users of Male Toiletries products in the UK, new gender behaviours exhibited by the early and older young adults have set the trend. Further better value for money products that carry value, whether in terms of quality or pricing, are a trump. The growing aspiration to look well groomed and styled will drive demand for Male Toiletries in the country.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the UK Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across four Male Toiletries categories and their packaging.
Consumers are now looking for innovative and premium products that can suit the ever-changing novel behaviors exhibited by men. This is particularly the case amongst the Adults and mid-lifers.
As older consumers are the largest users of Male Toiletries products; they are more focused on shaving alone and do not purchase more Post-Shave and Aftershaves & Colognes items. Marketers need to persuade older consumers towards a complete shaving experience which can significantly increase the demand for all Male Toiletry products.
Marketers need to focus on all-in-one packs with all Male Toiletry products packed together. This will be convenient for consumers with busy lives.
The improving state of the economy and a climbing stock market saw a rise in consumer confidence, with even high-income consumers not shying away from premium purchases. Consequently, the overall share of private label products in the UK Male Toiletries sector remained low.
Post-Shave Cosmetics and Pre-Shave Cosmetics are expected to decline by market share during 2012-2017.
- UK Male Toiletries market provides significant opportunities to marketers despite rising consumer prices and declining population growth
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets are the primary distribution channel for Health & Beauty products
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate distribution format of Male Toiletries and other Health & Beauty products in the UK
- Male Toiletries consumption in the UK is led by financially Better Off and Time Poor men
- Older Consumers are the least frequent users of Male Toiletry products when compared with other Age Groups
- Male Toiletries consumption in the UK is primarily driven by new gender behaviors exhibited by men
- Male Toiletry products are influenced by new gender behavior along with a desire for better value for money
- Changing Life stages and Quality aspects influence buying decision
- UK Male Toiletries sector will register a steady growth in volume and value growth
- Disposable Razors continues to lead UK’s Male Toiletries market in terms of growth
- Disposable Razors and Blades will see an increase in market share during the period 2007-17
- Disposable Razors & Blades and Aftershaves & Colognes to witness increased sales and steady growth over 2012–17
- Skin enhancement features will lead to increased growth in the Pre-Shave & Post-Shave product categories
Brands & Private Labels
- Gillette leads with brand share in the Disposable Razors & Blades category
- Gillette and Nivea lead brand share in the Post-shave and Pre-shave categories
- Pre-Shave Cosmetics witnessed the highest private label penetration in the UK Male Toiletries market
- Increasing private label sales were detrimental in volume growth of Disposable Razor
- Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Blister Packs are preferred packs for Disposable Razors & Blades
- Blister Packs and Clamshell will experience growth driven by the need to innovate in Packaging of Disposable Razors & Blades
Future Outlook– four key trends in the UK Male Toiletries sector
- Achieving brand loyalty and marketing and packaging innovation will drive sales in the Male Toiletries market in the UK
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures