Vector Group Ltd. (VGR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Vector Group Ltd. (Vector) is a holding company with business interests in tobacco and real estate sectors. The company manufactures and markets a range of cigarettes and e-cigarettes. Its major cigarette brands include Liggett Select, Pyramid, Eagle 20’s, Eve, Grandprix and Zoom. Its real estate business includes investments in several domestic and international real estate properties. The company also offers residential real estate brokerage services. Its tobacco products cater to candy and tobacco distributors, drug and convenience store chains, the military and the large grocery stores. The company operates tobacco manufacturing facilities in Mebane, North Carolina. Vector is headquartered in Miami, Florida, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Vector Group Ltd. - Key Facts 5
Vector Group Ltd. - Key Employees 6
Vector Group Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 7
Vector Group Ltd. - Major Products and Services 8
Vector Group Ltd. - History 9
Vector Group Ltd. - Company Statement 11
Vector Group Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Vector Group Ltd. - Business Description 14
Vector Group Ltd. - Corporate Strategy 15
Vector Group Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis - Overview 16
Vector Group Ltd. - Strengths 16
Strength - Strong Brand Equity 16
Strength - Significant Market Presence 16
Vector Group Ltd. - Weaknesses 17
Weakness - Declined Liquidity 17
Vector Group Ltd. - Opportunities 18
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 18
Opportunity - Positive Outlook of Global Tobacco Market 18
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for the US Construction Industry 18
Vector Group Ltd. - Threats 19
Threat - Stringent Regulations 19
Threat - Increase in Counterfeit Products 19
Threat - Competitive Environment 19
Vector Group Ltd. - Key Competitors 20
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 25
Section 4 – Appendix 26
Ratio Definitions 26
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List Of Tables
Vector Group Ltd., Key Facts 5
Vector Group Ltd., Key Employees 6
Vector Group Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 7
Vector Group Ltd., Major Products and Services 8
Vector Group Ltd., History 9
Vector Group Ltd., Subsidiaries 13
Vector Group Ltd., Key Competitors 20
Vector Group Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 21
Vector Group Ltd., Annual Ratios 22
Vector Group Ltd., Interim Ratios 24
Currency Codes 26
Capital Market Ratios 26
Equity Ratios 27
Profitability Ratios 27
Cost Ratios 28
Liquidity Ratios 28
Leverage Ratios 29
Efficiency Ratios 29
Lisst Of Figures
Vector Group Ltd., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 23
Vector Group Ltd., Ratio Charts 25