“World Cigarettes - Canada 2014” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Canada Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
• In 2013 per capita consumption is put at 799 pieces per person, 52% down on its level in 1990. Another further fall is forecast for 2014 to 762 pieces per person.
• Market value dropped by 2.1% in 2013 to C$ 13.34 billion as a result of a fall in volume. This nevertheless places the market 49.6% up on 1990.
• Forecasts for 2014 are for a further 3.9% fall with tax rises at the beginning of 2014 the main reason.
• “World Cigarettes - Canada 2014” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Canada.
• This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Canada. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
• This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
• This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Canada.
• This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Canada along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
• Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
• The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
• The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Canada, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Expenditure on Cigarettes, 1990-2043
Contraband Share of Sales, 2006-2013
Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid Volumes by Region, 2003-2009
GFK/CTMC Illegal Tobacco Sale Study: Main Findings, 2006-2008
RCMP: Cigarette Seizures, 1994-2008
Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2013
Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain, 2000-2007
Cigarette Sales by Province, 2000-2011
Cigarette and Fine Cut Consumption Trends, 1990, 2000-2012
Market Breakdown by Pack Size, 2000-2008
Market Breakdown by Price Category, 2003-2012
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2014
Brand Shares, 2003-2013
Taxation and Retail Prices
Summary of Federal and Provincial Sales Tax Rate by Provinces, 2014
Tax Revenues Raised, 2000/01-2010/13
Tobacco Tax Revenue by Province, 2006-2013
Average Retail Prices by Province, 2002-2013
Indicative Retail Price Index, 2009
List Of Tables
List Of Figures