“Cigarettes in Ethiopia” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Ethiopia Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Duty paid per capita consumption is estimated at 48 pieces in 2013, unchanged on 1990 levels and extremely low by both international and African standards. Overall per capita consumption, including contraband, is estimated at 67 pieces in 2013.
- By 2012 non duty paid sales are put at 1.9 billion pieces, equivalent to around 30% of total sales. Official data give its share a little higher at 33% in 2012.
- ERC forecasts volumes of 7.33 billion pieces in 2023, 62.2% up on 2013, with per capita consumption up 22.9% to 59 pieces per person.
- “Cigarettes in Ethiopia” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Ethiopia.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Ethiopia.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin Ethiopia.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Ethiopia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Ethiopia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Segmentation: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Cigarette Brand shares, 2013
Taxation and Retail Prices
Cigarette and Tobacco Inflation, 2008-09
Cigarette Prices (Addis Ababa), July 2012
Cigarette Prices, 2008-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Tobacco Use by Age, Men, 2011
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Production by Brand, 2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2013
National Tobacco Enterprise (Ethiopia) Share Company
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023