“Cigarettes in Georgia” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Georgia Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Volumes ended 2012 up 2.7% on 2011 at 7.6 billion pieces with a further 2.3% increase following in 2013 to 7.77 billion pieces.
- Forecasts for 2014 are somewhat pessimistic following a hike in excise rates in September 2013. The 25% rise in the rate for filter cigarettes and the 33.3% increase for plain cigarettes is expected to reduce sales by 3.5% to 7.5 billion pieces.
- Data for 2006 puts average consumption at 926 pieces, rising to 1,429 pieces in 2010, 1,498 pieces in 2011, 1,535 pieces in 2012 and 1,573 pieces in 2013. This is 23.7% down on consumption in 1990. A fall to 1,518 pieces is forecast for 2014.
- “Cigarettes in Georgia” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Georgia.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Georgia. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Georgia.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Georgia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Georgia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Illegal Exports to Turkey, 2007-2013
Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Market Shares, 2008-2014
Taxation and Retail Prices
Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Gender and Age, 2000-2003
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, 1995-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 2001-2013
JSC Tbilisi Tobacco
The OGT Cigarette Factory
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023