“Cigarettes in Jamaica” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Jamaica Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
• Consumption in 2013 was 635 million pieces, 22.7% down on 2012 levels because of pre-2013 purchases ahead of a tax rise early in the year. Sales are down 51.2% on 1990 levels.
• According to Carreras around 2 billion cigarettes are currently entering Jamaica illegally. With legal sales at 600 million pieces in 2013, this gives illegally imported cigarettes 77% of the overall market.
• The premium segment of the market accounted for around 5% of sales in 2010. However, during the 2010/11 financial year volumes are reported to have expanded by 13% resulting in an increase in their share of the market of 1 percentage point.
• “Cigarettes in Jamaica” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Jamaica.
• This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Jamaica. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
• This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
• This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Jamaica.
• This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Jamaica along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
• Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
• The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
• The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Jamaica, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Breakdown: Domestic & Imported, 2000-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2014
Brand Shares, 2001-2009
Taxation & Retail Prices
Cigarette Retail Prices, 2003-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, Volume & Value, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
List Of Tables
List Of Figures