“Cigarettes in Mozambique” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Mozambique Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Until 2012 there was continuous growth, encouraged by a buoyant economy but 2013 saw consumption decline by 3.8% as a result of a tax rise. Further tax increases in 2014 are set to lower duty paid sales further.
- Per capita consumption is put at 201 pieces in 2013, more than double its level in 1990.
- Volumes are forecast to rise to 7,050 million pieces by 2023. In per capita terms consumption is expected to remain low by world standards at 229 pieces although this is up by a forecast 13.9% on 2013.
- “Cigarettes in Mozambique” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Mozambique.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Mozambique. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Mozambique.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Mozambique along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Mozambique, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Segmentation: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Taxation and Retail Prices
Specific Consumption Tax, 2013 and 2014
Cigarette Prices, 2008 and 2010
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence (15+), 2010
Daily Cigarette and RYO Use by Gender, 2012
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1994-2013
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2013
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2011
British American Tobacco Mozambique
Sonil Group Lda
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023