“Cigarettes in Myanmar” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Myanmar Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- An increase to 198 pieces/year followed in 2009 with 273 pieces/year in 2010, 271 pieces in 2011 and 277 pieces in 2012. A rise to 283 pieces followed in 2013 with 291 pieces forecast for 2014.
- Growth resumed in 2009 with this followed by a 38.9% rise in 2010. By 2013 volumes were up at an estimated 15.6 billion pieces, about 11 times 1990 levels.
- Nevertheless by 2023, volumes are forecast to be 40.5% up on 2013 levels at 21.92 billion pieces. In per capita terms, growth will be 27.6% with the average level of consumption at 361 pieces in 2023.
- “Cigarettes in Myanmar” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Myanmar.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Myanmar. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Myanmar.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Myanmar along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Myanmar, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Imports v Domestically Manufactured Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Leading Brands of Cigarettes, 2011
Taxation and Retail Prices
Tobacco Tax Rate Structure, 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Prevalence of Smoking, by Age and Sex, 2001
Prevalence of Tobacco use Amongst Adults Aged +15, 2001, 2004 and 2007
Type of Tobacco Used, 2001
Smoking Prevalence Rates from Various Studies
Production and Trade
Production of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Cigarette Production: State-Owned Facilities, 2004-2015
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports to Myanmar by Country, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Myanmar Sampoerna Tobacco Co Ltd
Rothmans of Pall Mall Myanmar Pte Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023